FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 9 AM EST MONDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 9 AM EST MONDAY.
* LOCATIONS... THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY... INTERIOR PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY... MUCH OF SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT... AND LONG ISLAND.
* HAZARD TYPES... FREEZING RAIN... POSSIBLY MIXED WITH SNOW AND SLEET AT TIMES.
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS... AROUND A TRACE.
* WINDS... SOUTHEAST 5 TO 10 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES... IN THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S.
* TIMING... AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING.
* IMPACTS... FREEZING RAIN... POSSIBLY MIXED WITH SNOW AND SLEET... WILL MAKE TRAVEL HAZARDOUS LATE TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING. UNTREATED ROADS WILL BECOME SLICK AND ICY. CONDITIONS SHOULD IMPROVE LATE MONDAY MORNING AS TEMPERATURES RISE AND THE WINTRY MIX CHANGES TO PLAIN RAIN.
A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN OR FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS. SLOW DOWN AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
REMINDER TO CLEAR SNOW AND ICE
Residents and business owners of property that abut public sidewalks are reminded of their responsibility to clear the sidewalk of snow and ice. Snow removal for residential property is required within 24 hours of snowfall and commercial property by 9AM following snowfalls that commence after 6PM. Sidewalks that have not been cleaned, force pedestrians to walk in the roadway. Besides presenting a hazard to pedestrians, it opens up the homeowner to personal liability for failure to comply with the ordinance.